Home of Hope Orphanage
Home of Hope Rwanda
eMiC Project 5446
February 7th - 19th, 2008
January 2009: Design complete.
Steve Ulrich - eMiC team leader
Jason Heinrich - eMiC intern
Frank Hilbich - architect
Peter Nelson - landscape architect/ planner
Jack Dueck - structural engineer
Tim Noack - civil engineer
Trevor Dueck - civil EIT
Darcy Funk - civil EIT
Christoph Martens - mechanical engineer
Ben Giesbrecht - geo engineer/ surveyor
Media & Ministry Reports
Oliver Pastor Helps Home of Hope in Rwanda
BC Christian News (January 2009)
March 14, 2008 Report
Home of Hope Rwanda Blog (March 14, 2008)
Home of Hope is Transforming Jabana
Home of Hope Rwanda Blog (February 20, 2008)
Original Project Scope
This orphanage is being modeled after Home of Hope India which has been
operating successfully for 35 years. Here is the description of the
project from their website:
This EMI team will join Home of Hope by helping to make this great vision a reality with a solid foundation of professional design and expertise. Come join us as we partner in this wonderful project.
- We have secured ~25 acres of land on the outskirts of Kigali Rwanda.
- We have plans to build as soon as possible in 2008:
- Multi-Purpose building to be used for a Church and School. Eight family style home units where each unit could house eight orphans being cared for by a parent or parents.
(Phase one will be for desperate orphans under the age of 8, and then other future buildings for older ages of young people.)
- A Children's village with separate small houses of 8 orphans and a house parent.
- Medical clinic
- Agricultural projects to help become a self sustaining project.
- Offer vocational training
- Take teams of volunteers to help in may ways.